Need On Page SEO Help for Your Blogs? Quick Guide to Getting it Right.
If you do blog, then the chances are you are aware that the content that you produce needs to be great. Not only should it be written to help boost your website ranking by including keywords and phrases, more importantly, it also needs to engage and delight your readers.
Search engines are really smart now, they don’t just look for keywords in isolation, they are able to understand the context of what the article is about.
That’s not to say that optimising a blog and SEO goes out of the window. It’s just more a case of getting the basics done correct and writing great content. This will keep both search engines and your readers happy.
But how does SEO help your blog and website?
SEMrush has put together an interesting infographic detailing areas of importance for both people and search engines.
Get it right and your readers will love you, however, there are some blog design mistakes that you should also avoid.
- SERP listing (search engine ranking position) – structure and format
- Meta Title
- Meta Description
- Format of the blog post itself
- H1 Tags
- Social share buttons
- Images and video
- Body text and content length
- H2 Tags
- Internal links
- Areas to check on your blog
- Page loading speed
Here is a quick summary of some SEO help and advice for your blogging endeavours
- Create standout and interesting titles for you blogs
- Create a structured well thought out URL with keywords
- Ensure your meta descriptions are informative and say exactly what the post is about
- Try and make sure your focus or target keywords are near the beginning of the post and using natural language
- Use headlines (H Tags) to break out content
- Mix in video, gifs and pictures to offer the reader some interest
- Make the blog easy to read by its intended audience
- Use internal links to other parts of your website that have a natural association
- Use external links to other sites that have a high domain authority or are well known and respected
- Include social share buttons to allow the articles to be easily posted by readers
- Check that the article can be found and indexed by search engines
- Test the page load speed of the text
As with everything you do in business and life in general, the key to improving is to keep trying, hone your skills and build your knowledge. It’s only by ‘sticking with it’ will you become a blogging master!